Saturday, February 25, 2006

HIS HEART OF LOVE

HIS HEART OF LOVE

Here are some verses that spoke to my heart yesterday in a powerful way:

"The Lord your God loves you. The kindness of God leads you to
repentance. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The Lord our God
is merciful and pardons even those who have rebelled against him. God
will be merciful if you confess your sins and give them up. Blessed is
he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. You forgave
the iniquity of my sin. In You the fatherless finds mercy. Return to the
Lord, your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and
abounding in steadfast love. I will heal their faithlessness; I will
love them freely. His steadfast love endures forever! For great is your
love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
(Deut. 23:5; Romans 2:4; 1 John 1:9; Daniel 9:9; Proverbs 28:13; Psalm
32:1; Psalm 32:5; Hosea 14:3; Joel 2:13; Hosea 14:4; 1 Chronicles 16:34;
Psalm 108:4)

Allow those verses to work into your hearts and minds. What wonderful
truth for us as we begin to prepare our hearts for the Lord's day. I
read two powerful quotes yesterday that tie in with these verses. Let me
share them with you, and as a friend of mine wrote yesterday, these will
need time to work into your hearts . . .

"The whole of my life stood open to His view from the beginning. He
foresaw my every fall, my every sin, my every backsliding; yet,
nevertheless, fixed His heart upon me. Oh, how the realization of this
should bow me in wonder and worship before Him!" -- A. W. Pink

"The King, full of mercy and goodness, very far from chastening me (for
my sin), embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me
with His own hands, gives me the key of His treasures; He converses and
delights Himself with me incessantly . . . and treats me in all
respects as His favorite." -- Brother Lawrence

WOW! I trust these thoughts this morning will cause you to rejoice in
His heart that is full of love . . . FOR YOU!

Have you registered for our special FREEDOM FIGHTER DAY on Saturday,
March 11? Mark Fisher, President of Sandy Cove Ministries will be
sharing how God transformed his life from a bondage to sexual sin.
Invite a friend and join us for this powerful day of teaching, worship
and fellowship. Call today for reservations: 800-453-7942

No comments: