Monday, February 13, 2006

ARE YOU LISTENING?

ARE YOU LISTENING?

Here is a powerful devotional from Oswald Chambers -- My Utmost For His
Highest (available from the KESWICK BOOKSTORE ONLINE --
www.americaskeswick.org)

"Just because I have listened carefully to ONE thing from God does not
mean that I will listen to everything He says. I show God my lack of
love and respect for Him by the insensitivity of my heart and mind
toward what He says . . .

Have I disobeyed some command of my Lord's this week? If I had realized
that it was a command of Jesus, I would not have deliberately disobeyed
it. But most of us show incredible DISRESPECT to God because we don't
even hear Him. He might as well never spoken to us.

The goal of my spiritual life is such close identification with Jesus
Christ that I will always hear God and know that God always hears me
(John 11:41). If I am united with Jesus Christ, I hear God all the time
through the devotion of hearing. A flower, a tree, or a servant of God
may convey God's message to me.

What hinders me from hearing is my attention to other things. It is not
that I don't want to hear God, but I am not devoted in the right areas
of my life. I am devoted to things and even to service and my own
convictions. God may say whatever He wants, but I just don't hear Him.

The attitude of a child of God should always be, 'Speak, for your
servant hears.' If I have not developed and nurtured this devotion of
hearing, I can only hear God's voice at certain times. At other times I
become deaf to Him because my attention is to other things -- which I
THINK I must do. The is not living the life of a child of God. Have you
heard God's voice today?"

Powerful for words that we need to HEAR today from HIM!

Join us on Thursday night, February 16th, for our monthly MEN'S
FELLOWSHIP NIGHT. Steve Schmidt, a full-time staff member at America's
KESWICK and a graduate of the Colony of Mercy will be sharing God's
Word. Steve just returned Saturday from Siberia. Great food, fellowship
and a challenge from God's WORD. Call today for your reservation. Dinner
begins at 6:15 PM in the Raws Dining Room. 732-350-1187

No comments: