Friday, January 06, 2006

LOVING GOD WITH ALL YOUR SOUL . . .

LOVING GOD WITH ALL YOUR SOUL . . .

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your
soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength . . ." Mark 12:30

"The soul is the 'heart' of personality. Loving God with all your soul
means centering thoughts on God, governing emotions by His character,
and setting the will on the Lord and His Kingdom interests," so writes
Pastor and author, Ed Young.

"A daily spiritual exercise helps me express love for God at the soul
level. I pray using the acronym SELF. It works like this:

S = Surrender -- I surrender myself to God in prayer, acknowledging His
Lordship over my whole personality.
E = Empty -- I ask the Lord to examine my heart and to help me empty
myself of anything that is out of line with His character or that would
block communion with Him.
L = Lift -- I 'lift' praise, worship, and thanksgiving to God.
F = Fill -- I ask the Lord to fill me with His Holy Spirit.

Loving God will all your soul keeps you from falling into fundamental
idolatry: the worship of self or your own personality." from 365 Days of
Total Heart Health by Dr. Ed Young, published by our good friends at
Countryman. You can order this book at www.americaskeswick.org
<http://www.americaskeswick.org> .

Good words for today.

No comments: