Saturday, December 31, 2005

FINISHING WELL

Approaching the end of the year is a good time step back and reflect on
the events of the past year. Normally we get involved in the hustle and
bustle of the celebration and neglect to take the time to look back and
review the past year.

In preparation for Ken Brown's memorial service, I took a look through
his Bible and pulled out verses that he had underlined. They are good
verses to use as we bring this year to a close. Take some time to read
them and reflect on this past year. By the way . . . how did you do?

It is because of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because
his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy
faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will
hope in him.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to
be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are persecuted,
but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not
destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus,
that the life also of Jesus Christ be made manifest in the body.

You, therefore, endure hardship, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No
man that warreth entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that
he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of
you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy
God?

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His
commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring
every work in judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or
whether it be evil.

Therefore by beloved brothers and sisters: be steadfast, immoveable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labors are
not in vain in the Lord.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the
faith; Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not
to me only, but unto all them who love his appearing.

On behalf of the Board, staff and the Freedom Fighter family, have a
blessed 2006 IN CHRIST. We love and appreciate you.

No comments: