Thursday, September 08, 2005

THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN BEFORE I WAS TWENTY-ONE


1. That my health AFTER thirty depended in a large degree on what I put into my stomach BEFORE I was twenty-one.
2. How to take care of money.
3. That a man's habits are mighty hard to change after he is twenty-one.
4. That a harvest depends upon the seeds sown.
5. That worthwhile things require time, patience and work.
6. That you cannot get something for nothing.
7. The folly of not taking older people's advice.
8. The value of absolute truthfulness in everything.
9. That what Mother wanted me to do was right.
10. Dad wasn't an old fogy after all.
11. More of the helpful and inspiring messages of the Bible.
12. The greatness of the opportunity and joy of serving a fellow human being.
13. That Jesus Christ wants to be my Savior and friend.

Good stuff to ponder today -- from "It's Better to Build Boys Than Men" by S. Truett Cathy -- founder of Chick-fil-A

No comments: