Friday, September 09, 2005

A SUCCESSFUL DAD


I may never be as clever as my neighbor down the street,
I may never be as wealthy as some other men I meet.
I may never have the glory that some other men have had,
But I've just got to be successful as that little fellow's dad.

There are certain dreams I cherish, that I'd like to see come true,
There are thing I would like to do.
There are things I would like to accomplish before my earthly life is through.
But the task I've set my heart on is to guide a little lad,
To make myself successful as that little fellow's dad.

Oh, I may never come to glory, I may never father gold,
And when my business life is over, I may be considered a failure as told.
But the task I've set my heart on is to guide a little lad,
To make myself successful as that little fellow's dad.

It's the one job that I dream of,
The takes I think of most,
For if I fail that little fellow, I have nothing else to boast.
For the wealth and fame I'd gather,
All my fortune would be sad,
If I fail to be successful as that little fellow's dad.

-- Author Unknown

Good words to ponder today from the book "It's Easier to Build Boys Than to Mend Men" by S. Truett Cathy

No comments: