Tuesday, August 16, 2005

MORE INSIGHT FROM THE PENGUINS

I shared with you yesterday some insights that I gained from seeing the movie, THE MARCH OF THE PENGUINS. As I was thinking about it last night, I thought about another cool insight. The penguins do their annual 70-80 mile walk each year to find their perspective mate. Thousands of the them assemble at the main staging area. They spend days squawking until
they finally pair up. After wifey leaves to trek back to the waters to get her food and makes then makes the trek back to find her mate, she faces the challenge of finding her mate in the middle of thousands of "men" who look exactly alike. She needs to squawk and as well as listen for the squawk of her mate. The noise is unbelievable -- yet they are able to find each other.

It was an "AHA!" moment for me as I thought about it. The God of the universe who created us -- has given each of us different voices. And yet thousands of us can be praying at one time, crying out to Him, and He hears YOUR prayer. He hears YOUR voice. He is, as David penned,
"attentive to YOUR voice and the cry of your heart!" That might not excite you, but it sure does me.

Praise God for His listening ear . . . Ps 116:2
"BECAUSE HE HAS TURNED HIS EAR
TO ME, I WILL CALL OUT TO HIM AS LONG AS I LIVE."

Good word for today! Think about it!

No comments: