Saturday, May 28, 2005

FAILURE

"Attitude is a the determining factor of whether our failures make us or break us. The persistence of a person who encounters failure is one sign of a healthy attitude. Winners don't quit! Conquerors don't quit! Failure becomes devastating and causes our attitude to crash when we quit. To accept failure as final is to be finally a failure. In times of failure we need to look to God, our Creator and chief motivator.

WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE FAILED . . .
Lord, are you trying to tell me something?
For . . .
Failure doesn't mean I'm a failure;
It does mean I have not yet succeeded.
Failure does not mean I have accomplished nothing;
It does mean I have learned something.
Failure does not mean I have been a fool;
It does mean I had enough faith to experiment.
Failure does not mean I've been disgraced;
It does mean I dared to try.
Failure does not mean I don't have it;
It does mean I have to do something in a different way.
Failure does not mean I am inferior;
It does mean I am not perfect.
Failure does not mean I've wasted my time;
It does not mean I have an excuse to start over.
Failure does not mean I should give up;
It does mean I must try harder.
Failure does not mean I'll never make it;
It does mean I need more patience.
Failure does not mean YOU abandoned me;
It does mean YOU must have a better idea. Amen."

from the pen of Dr. John C. Maxwell in his book THE WINNING ATTITUDE . .
. YOUR KEY TO SUCCESS

Someone needs to hear this today. I would be happy to hear your story. Have a blessed day. If you haven't made plans to join us this weekend, our Memorial Day Conference is underway. Dr. Richard Allan Farmer will be sharing God's Word at 9:30 AM followed by our Community Open House from 11:00 - 3:00. Tonight at 7:00 PM, Dr. Jim Jeffery, President of Baptist Bible College and Seminary, will be sharing God's Word. Join us for this great weekend. For information, call 800-453-7942.

No comments: