Friday, February 25, 2005

PRIORITIES

Life sometimes gets out-of-control, doesn't it? Ever find yourself feeling like you are on a treadmill or merry-go-round and just can't get off? Do you find yourself frustrated with too much too do and too little time?

I find that too often my priorities are mixed up. When I am the most stressed or fatigued, those are the times that my priorities get out of whack. We tend to lose our focus, and if we aren't careful, this is when we can get trapped in areas of life-dominating sin. For me -- this is when I have the greatest struggle with wanting to eat!

As I continue to learn about what it means to live a victorious Christian life, I need to remind myself that apart from Christ living HIS life through me, it will be impossible to live the Christian life. We can fall into the trap of trying to put Christ on our priority list -- you've probably done the same as me: Christ first, family second, work/ministry third. But that isn't the way it works. HE WANTS TO BE OUR LIFE!

As Bible Teacher Steve McVey reminds us "For the Christian there is no number two. Jesus Christ will not be denigrated by being on anybody's list. He IS the whole list because He is our whole Life. For the Christian there is no life apart from Jesus. For us to live IS Christ (Acts 17:28; Philippians 1:21; Colossians 3:24). Jesus didn't come to take a place in our lives, even first place. He came to BECOME our life. He is number one, number two, and number three! He's the whole list, the source of everything." -- from GRACE LAND by Steve McVey

Oswald Chambers said "Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, 'In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but
You."

No comments: