Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom


MOM

Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain [because it is not lasting], but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, she shall be praised! Proverbs 31:30 (Amplified Bible)

Sunday is Mother’s Day and I trust that you will take the time to either visit your Mom or if nothing else, pick up the phone and call her to tell her you love her.

My Mom went to be home with Jesus a number of years ago and I sure do miss her. I think about all that she has missed. She never got to meet Zach – she would have loved him and he would have loved her.

And she never got to meet her great-grandkids. She has met our granddaughter, Lindsay. So Lindsay gets to spend Mother’s Day with my Mom.

My Mom left me a BIG spiritual legacy. She was never a famous lady from the world’s perspective – but she had a huge impact on dozens of kids that she mentored while leading the nursery of our home church for many years.

My Mom taught me the value of having a personal daily quiet time with the Lord. When we were kids, she would have daily devotions with my brother and me. She read daily from the Word and from Streams in the Desert. (Maybe that is why I have really come to love that devotional!)

My wife has been an incredible Mom to her children. I love the fact that my girls have a friendship with their Mom. It thrills me to see that, and it makes me miss my Mom even more.

And now my girls have become wonderful Moms to their kids. I am very proud of them. And my son Zach has it really good! He has an earthly Mom to love on and he has two sisters that have been good Moms. When he gets married (20 years from now!) – he will know the kind of Proverbs 31 woman to choose for his wife!

Happy Mother’s Day to my special Mom’s! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick


Motivations: If someone annoys you, pray blessings from the bible for them and your heart will soon change to one of love. Anonymous 

Practice to Remember: Level 1:Ephesians 6:2-3; Level 2: Ephesians 5:15-21

Powered Up:  The seeming inactivity of prayer on the hill proved to be a greater test of spiritual stamina than fighting in the valley. It was Moses who tired, not Joshua. J. Oswald Sanders

No comments: