Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Godly Examples -- Part 3


Godly Examples – Part 3

The things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you. Philippians 4:9

I’ve shared the last two days lessons that Dr. Charles Stanley has learned during his life. If you haven’t done so, a good exercise for you would be to sit down and make your own list.

Whether you like it or not, someone is ALWAYS watching you. From your kids to your staff, someone is always observing you.

I noted in Philippians 4:9 that Paul said: what you LEARNED, RECEIVED, HEARD and SEEN in me – practice those things.

My lifelong mentor, Neil Fichthorn did that for me – has done so all my life. From my early teens to now in my late 50’s, I am still LEARNING from him. Over the years I RECEIVED tons of valuable lessons from him sitting under his musical leadership as well as working for him when he was Vice President and later President of Sandy Cove ministries.

As I observed his life – I  HEARD AND SAW so many amazing things. In fact, what is so scary is that even now I hear myself saying things he would say, and I even more frightening, I find myself using my hands to direct music or placing my hands on the pulpit just like he did.

You my friend have the privilege of being an example to other men and young men that God may bring into your life. It is a wonderful privilege. Don’t miss the opportunity. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

Motivations:  The last days are upon us. You didn't ask to be born when you were. God chose you to be alive now. With that choosing comes all the grace you need to stand and be a hero of faith in these awesome days. Embrace His grace, embrace the tremendous privilege that is yours. Like the three young men in the fiery furnace, say boldly and courageously, "Our God is able to deliver us, but even if He doesn't, we will not bow." Barbara Richmond

Practice to Remember: Level 1:Ephesians 5:17-18; Level 2: Ephesians 5:8-14

Powered Up:  The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clutter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God as great tranquility as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament. – Brother Lawrence

No comments: