Friday, March 02, 2012

In the Dark

In the Dark

WHATEVER YOU HAVE SAID IN THE DARK WILL BE HEARD IN THE LIGHT, AND WHAT YOU HAVE WHISPERED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WILL BE SHOUTED FROM THE HOUSETOPS FOR ALL TO HEAR!     LUKE 12:3 IN THE DARK

My wife Jan gave me a little book several years that has been a really blessing to me. It is simply a book of Scripture and a little prayer for the day. It is not a dated devotional but I am amazed at how many days it has been right on for where I am in my life.

If we are honest with God and each other, there are those places in our lives that God wants us to bring into the light so that we can truly walk in victory.

Chaplain Jim Freed, Director of the Colony of Mercy and Men’s Addiction Recovery ministries at America’s Keswick has shared that often what holds us back from really being free is that we hold on to that dark place in our lives that is hidden from everyone.

Is there a place in your life, tucked and hidden away, that God wants to heal? Maybe you have done battle with this issue for years thinking that no one knows. But God does … and He wants to set you free. As the prayer below says, “Don’t waste another day – confess Your sin and walk in the light!” – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

My Son, I created you to be a light in the dark places of this world. Where light is, darkness cannot be. Give Me access to those dark, hidden places in your heart, and let My marvelous light penetrate your innermost being. Nothing you have done can be hidden from Me. I want to eliminate the shame and guilt you feel for what you have done. Don’t waste another day in shadows; confess your sin to Me. I am your Redeemer. I will once again set you up as My light in this dark world. It’s time, My chosen one, to come clean and let your Savior set you free once again.     Your King, who gave for your freedom
Shepherd, Sheri Rose (2010-03-15). His Battle: God's Plan for Victory (pp. 96-97). Revell. Kindle Edition.


Motivations: The test of our sanctification is not our talk about holiness and singing pious hymns; but what we are like where no one sees us? With those who know us best? – Oswald Chambers

Practice to Remember: Level 1: Ephesians 3:14-15; Level 2: Ephesians 3:8-13

Powered Up:  Prayer is to intercede for the well-being of others before God. Augustine


No comments: