Friday, December 23, 2011

Need Some Gift Suggestions

Need Some Gift Suggestions?

I realize that Christmas is just “3 sleeps” away, but I would like to recommend four special gifts for you this Christmas as 2011 is quickly coming to an end.

I have found these very helpful in my daily walk with the Lord and highly commend and recommend them to you. (I have provided the links to amazon.com.)

Daily Light on the Daily Path is a collection of Scriptures for each morning and evening. I have been using this for many years and my copy is marked up with pen, verses highlighted, and notations of significant events. I never cease to be amazed at how timely the verses are for each day.
The Book of Proverbs – Years ago, my Pastor friend, Matt Reed, challenged me to read a chapter of Proverbs every day. That was probably over 25 years ago. I have been doing it ever since. The link I have provided for you is for a new edition that has both the King James version and The Message side by side. You will be amazed at how God will speak to you each day from this book from His Word.

Cheque Book of the Bank of Faith is a collection of daily readings from the “prince of preachers, Charles Haddon Spurgeon. These have really spoken to my heart this year.

His Battle – God’s Plan for Victory is a collection of short prayers about living in victory. I am on my second year of reading this little book and I have been challenged, encouraged and exhorted.

I get nothing from Amazon for recommending their materials, but if you decide to join me in reading any of the above, I’d love to hear from you. Tomorrow I will share information about our 2011 Keswick Bible Reading Plan. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Hebrews 11-13; Psalm 143; Proverbs 23

Compass Pointers: There was a day when I died, died to George Muller: to his tastes, his opinions, his preferences and his will; died to the world-it's approval and censure; died to the approval or blame even of my brethren and friends; since then I have only studied to show my self-approved unto God. George Muller

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1:John 17:3; Level 2: John 17:1-5

Anchored to the Rock: Thou art coming to a King; large petitions with thee bring; For His grace and power are such, none can ever ask too much!!! John Newton

No comments: