Friday, December 30, 2011

Are You Daring Enough to Trust God in 2012

Are You Daring Enough to Trust God in 2012

“Come on …! We have seen that the land is very good. Aren’t you going to do something? Don’t hesitate to go there and take it over … God has put into your hands, a land that lacks nothing whatever.” Judges 18:9-10

This is the last Freedom Fighter for 2011 and I wanted to thank you for joining me on the journey this past year.

The past few days have been exciting because in my heart of hearts I feel like the Lord is about to do some incredible things. All of my devotional reading and even the books He has led me to read have all had this common theme about trusting God, walking by faith, and looking with expectancy to see what HE will do.

This morning I read these words from Streams In The Desert:  We have to have appropriating faith when it comes to God’s promises and should make His Word our OWN personal possession. A child was once asked what appropriating faith was, and he answered, “It is taking a pencil and underlining every ‘me,’ ‘my,’ and ‘mine’ in the Bible.

Pick any word you want that He has spoken and say, “That word is my word.” Put your finger on a promise and say, “It is mine!” How much of God’s Word have you received and endorsed, and how much have you been able to say, “This has been done in my life?” By how many of the promises have you signed your name and said, “This has been fulfilled to me?” Do not miss your inheritance through your own neglect.

I am thankful for the legacy left by my wife’s grandfather, George B. Toms and her Mom (Florence Toms). Pop taught us to mark our Bibles, claim the promises of God, and record the answers to prayer. Their Bibles are filled with dates, notations, underlinings when God spoke to them through His Word.
The question for you and me is this: are we bold enough, daring enough to trust God for this year? I trust you will join me with expectancy as we move into 2012. God bless you. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: When faith goes to market, it always takes a basket.


Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1:Malachi 4:5-6; Level 2: Malachi 4:5-6

Anchored to the Rock: No matter what prayer has secured, attained or achieved for us, BOUNDLESS possibilities still lie before us. It may be doubted where we have yet touched more than the fringe of the garment of a prayer-hearing God. We come timid and trembling when we ought to come BOLDY and CONFIDENTLY. We ask but little, where we should only honor God by making large demands. Arthur T. Pierson

No comments: