Thursday, November 03, 2011

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus

“For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I am also known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12
I had one of those very embarrassing moments on Tuesday night. Some of my staff guys joined me for dinner and then we went to see the new Three Musketeer movie. (Don’t right me letters, please!)

The movie was in 3D and having seen the previews, I was excited to see the entire movie. When the movie started and we put on our 3D glasses, I was ticked because the movie was blurred. I turned to the guy next to me and asked him if he thought the movie was out of focus and he said it was a little bit.

Well I was miffed that I paid for a 3D movie that was blurred so I went to the manager and asked if digital movies ever went out of focus. He said they did and he would adjust it.

I came back to my seat and it wasn’t any better. I was really getting ticked by now and asked the guy in front of me to look through my glasses. He did and said, “You got a bad pair of glasses, man!” I looked through his and they movie was perfectly clear.

I grabbed my glasses and went out to get our glasses replaced. As I was looking at the three pairs of glasses, I realized that mine were different than the other two. The other 2 were clearly marked “3D” and mine where marked “polarized.” Then I noticed the shape of mine was different.

Now with egg on my face, I realized that my 3D glasses were still in my pocket and I had put on my sunglasses that were on my head! With the right set of glasses, everything came into focus.

Right now some things in life may seem out of focus in your life. The trials and challenges you and I face may not make the slightest amount of sense right now. Someday we will understand and see the big picture. When we put on the right glasses, what was fuzzy and unclear  will all make perfect sense. We’ll be able to see how it all worked out for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28).

For now – what we need to do is “fix our eyes on Jesus” (Hebrews 12:2). – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick 

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Mark 11; John 12; Psalm 114; Proverbs 3 

Compass Pointers: That man is perfect in faith who can come to God in the utter dearth of his feelings and desires, without a glow or an inspiration, with the weight of low thoughts, failures, neglects, and wandering forgetfulness, and say to Him, "Thou art my refuge" George Macdonald

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: John 14:27; Level 2: John 14:27-31

Anchored to the Rock: “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” Acts 4:31

No comments: