Friday, November 11, 2011

Be Still on this 11 11 11

Be Still on this 11 11 11

Most men have trouble being still. Most of us are fixers and doers, and that makes it even harder to be still in order to listen.

Sing-songwriter, Ken Medema, who has been blind since birth, wrote these words:

Teach me to stop and listen,
Teach me to center down,
Teach me the use of silence,
Teach me where peace is found.

Teach me to hear YOUR calling,
Teach me to search Your Word.
Teach me to hear in silence,
Things I have never heard.

Teach me to be collected,
Teach me to be in tune,
Teach me to be directed,
Silence will end soon.

Then when it’s time for moving,
Grant that I might bring,
To every day and moment,
Peace from a silent spring.

Can you be still enough to allow God to speak to your heart? Maybe David struggled just like me and you. Maybe that is why he wrote: “Be still and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

Take some time today to quiet yourself before the Lord. Allow Him to teach you. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: John 14-17; Psalm 119:25-32; Proverbs 11

Compass Pointers: Meditation has a digesting power and turns special truth into nourishment.

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: John 15:10; Level 2: John 15:1-7

Anchored to the Rock: Prayer is the mightiest of all weapons that created natures can wield. Martin Luther

No comments: