Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Fellowship of the Burning Heart (2)

Come join me tonight at Shady Maple for our second 114th anniversary banquet of this season. It's not too late to make a reservation. Come and bring a friend. Call: 800-453-7942
The Fellowship of the Burning Heart (Part 2)

Yesterday I shared with you two of the four principles written by the late Dr. Richard C. Halverson, former pastor of Hollywood Presbyterian Church and later the Chaplain for the United States Senate. Halverson’s life was greatly impacted by the late Dr. Henrietta Mears. (Trivia: my good friend, the late Dr. Ruth Ann Breuninger, served at Hollywood Presbyterian and was mentored by Henrietta Mears and Dr. Halverson.)
Here are the 3rd and 4th principles of the four commitments of The Fellowship of the Burning Heart:

I AM COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE that Christian discipleship exercises itself principally in winning of the lost to Jesus Christ. Therefore I pledge myself to seek every possible opportunity to witness in order that I may always be engaged in winning someone to Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19, Acts 1:8)

I AM COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE that Christian discipleship demands nothing less than absolute consecration to Jesus Christ. Therefore I present my body a living sacrifice, utterly abandoned to God. By this commitment, I desire God’s perfect will shall find complete expression in my life, and I offer myself in all sobriety to be expendable for Jesus Christ. (Romans 12:1,2; Philippians 3:7-14)

God being my guide I desire to make these commitments to Him. (From They Knew The Secret, published by Zondervan)

Are you bold enough? Brave enough – to make those four commitments to Christ? Let me know your thoughts. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Esther 1-5; Psalm 69:1-18; Proverbs 13

Compass Pointers: Ponder the achievement of God. He doesn't condone our sin, nor does He compromise His standard. He doesn't ignore our rebellion, nor does He relax His demands. Rather than dismiss our sin, He assumes our sin and, incredibly, sentences Himself. God's holiness is honoured. Our sin is punished...and we are redeemed. God does what we cannot do so we can be what we dare not dream; perfect before God. Max Lucado

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1:John 8:12; Level 2: John 8:42-47

Anchored to the Rock: A prayerless man is a careless man. William W. Tiptaft

No comments: