Thursday, August 18, 2011

Showing Grace Part 2


Showing Grace – Part 2

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

We touched on this yesterday, but I want to share a few more thoughts with you this morning about showing grace:

  1. Let go. I have friends who have been angry and upset with family members for years. You know them and I know them – people who refuse to lay down their lists of hurts and grievances.  I am so glad that when Christ died for my sins that He paid for them once and for all. He doesn’t continue to remind me of all the sins I have committed. My guess is there is someone or may someone’s in your life who has let you down, disappointed you, or maybe even hurt you. I see no Scriptural basis to hold on to this stuff. God wants us to let go.
  2. Love unconditionally. Much of our love for others is based on the world’s philosophy – love when it’s convenient, love when there is something in it for me, or love on my terms and conditions. We are to love others the same way Christ loves them. Apart from Christ doing it through you – that’s impossible.
    Remember  that Christ love you and gave Himself for you – not when you had it all together – He loved you when you were a sinner!

  3. Live with no regrets. Blackaby writes that “Jesus did not say that the world will know Him by our miracles, by our grand testimonies, or by our vast Bible knowledge. The world will know HIM by the love that Christians show to one another. (John 13:35)  When we love like He loves, we can live life without regrets. Too many times when it’s too late, we say, “I wished I had ...”
Tomorrow I will remind you of a passage that will help us show grace the way Christ did. Do you need to let go? Love someone unconditionally? Purpose today that you will live life without regrets. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Ezekiel 5-8; Psalm 44; Proverbs 18

Compass Pointers: Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. C. S. Lewis

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: John 4:13-14; Level 2: John 4:34-38

Anchored to the Rock: If we bring our woes before God in prayer we have done the best possible thing. William S. Plummer

No comments: