Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Holy Inspection -- Part 2

Holy Spirit Inspection – Part 2

Here are the 12 additional accountability questions from the list used by John Wesley’s Holy Club:

11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated about any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not like other people, especially as the Pharisee who despised the Publican?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, resent, or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?

And the biggest question is this: Have you been truthful in your answers? Good questions, brothers. Why not start today to ask yourself these once a week. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Jeremiah 23-25; Psalm 29; Proverbs 2

Compass Pointers: The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts. John Locke

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 31:30; Level 2: Proverbs 31:28-31

Anchored to the Rock: When prayer is less sweet and easy; when love is less animated and tender; when the presence of God is less evident and less consoling; when even outward duties are fulfilled with less facility and enjoyment; then faithfulness is greater when maintained under these painful circumstances, and that is all that God requires. Francois Fenelon

No comments: