Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Code

The Code

Most of you know that one of my addictions is books. I love to read and most of the material that I use for my Freedom Fighter entries come from the books that I am reading.

As a reader, one of my blessings is to preview new books that I can recommend to others to use in their studies. The other day I received a catalog of new books and I read a review of a new book being released in England. Right in the description was a neat outline suggested by the author, for men to think through as they walk with the Lord. I thought it would be worth sharing with you. Carl Beech calls it THE CODE:

  1. Jesus is my Captain, Brother, Rescuer, and Friend.
  2. I owe everything to Him. I will do anything for Him.
  3. I will unashamedly make Him known through my actions and words.
  4. I will not cheat in anything, personal, or professional.
  5. I will look away from the gutter, but be prepared to pull people out of it.
  6. I will keep my body and mind fit and free from any addictions.
  7. I will put the welfare of those closest to me before my own welfare.
  8. I will treat all men and women as brothers and sisters.
  9. I will lead as He would lead. I will honor my leaders provided this also honors Him. I will follow Him in company with my sisters and brothers.
  10. I will use my strength to protect the weak and stand against the abuse of power.
  11. I will protect the world that God has made.
  12. If I fail I will not give up. He never gives up on me.
Not a bad code to live by, guys. Have a great day. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 2 Chronicles 29-31; Psalm 6; Proverbs 7

Compass Pointers: The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety. – George Mueller

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 27:1; Level 2: Proverbs 27:17-22

Anchored to the Rock: God will not do apart from prayer what He says He will only do in answer to prayer. Armin Gesswein

No comments: