Sunday, May 08, 2011

What A Wonderful Savior

What a Wonderful Savior

“We know that this man really is the Savior of the world.” John 4:42

On this glorious Lord’s day morning, I remind you of the words of this great hymn, What A Wonderful Savior, written by Elisha Hoffman back the 1800’s. The words are powerful:

Christ has for sin atonement made – What a wonderful Savior!
We are redeemed! The price is paid!  -- What a wonderful Savior!

I praise Him for the cleansing blood – What a wonderful Savior!
That reconciled my soul to God – What a wonderful Savior!

He cleansed my heart from all my sin – What a wonderful Savior!
And now He reigns and rules within – What a wonderful Savior!

He walks beside me all the way – What a wonderful Savior!
And keeps me faithful day by day – What a wonderful Savior.

He gives me overcoming power – What a wonderful Savior!
And triumph in each trying hour – What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain
What a wonderful  Savior is Jesus, my Jesus!
What a wonderful Savior, is Jesus, my Lord!

Take some time this morning to praise Him for His mighty work in your life! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 2 Samuel 24; Psalm 117; Proverbs 8

Compass Pointers: There are people today who, though they disdain the church, Christianity and religion, have limitless admiration for Jesus Christ, and are ready to listen to what He said, and to what is said about Him by persons they have learned to respect. John A. Mackay (1889-1983)

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 19:23; Level 2: Proverbs 19:20-23

Anchored to the Rock: Many of us cannot reach the mission fields on our feet, but we can reach them on our knees. T. J. Bach

No comments: