Sunday, May 01, 2011

I'm Redeemed

I’m Redeemed

You were redeemed with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb! 1 Peter 1:18-19

This is the first Sunday after Easter and I don’t know why, but all week this old hymn by Fanny Crosby has been going through my head:

Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed thro’ His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am!

Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.

I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song!

I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose law I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night!

Refrain
Redeemed, redeemed, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed, His child, and FOREVER I am!

You and I have been redeemed! That ought to make us jump up and down and shout, Hallelujah! (Well depending on your church – maybe you should just stand and whisper, Hallelujah!)  Enjoy this wonderful Lord’s day. – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 1 Chronicles 19; Psalm 110; Proverbs 1

Compass Pointers: “The Incarnation, the life and the death of Jesus, answers once and for all the question, ‘What is God’s heart towards me?’ This is why Paul says in Romans 5, ‘Look here at the Cross. Here is the demonstration of God’s heart. At the point of our deepest betrayal, when we had run our farthest from Him and gotten so lost in the woods we could never find our way home, God came and died to rescue us.’ We don’t have to wait for the Incarnation to see God as a character in the story and learn something of His motives. But after the Incarnation there can be no doubt…What is God like? Is His heart good? We know He is the initiator from first to last….God is pursuing us.” John Eldredge & Brent Curtis
Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 18:10; Level 2: Proverbs 18:1-8

Anchored to the Rock: Nothing I can do will please Christ more than my joining with Him in daily prayer. And when I do, something happens in the world that could not happen through any other means. Dick Eastman

No comments: