Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Love the Family of God

I am repeating this one since most of you didn't get it last week.

I Love the Family of God

“Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.” Romans 12:15

I love being a part of the family of God – well most days! J Family is never perfect – and if yours is, please let me know – I want to find out the secret.

On Monday night I was rehearsing our Keswick Celebration Choir for our upcoming Patriotic concert on Memorial Day Weekend. We were singing the last number and I noticed that my wife Jan got up to take a call on her cell. When she didn’t come back in the room right away, I sensed something was wrong.

When rehearsal ended and she walked in the room, I could tell by the look on her face that something was indeed wrong. She shared with me that our grandson, Wyatt, had bumped heads with his older brother, and shortly after turned ashen and had some breathing problems. He had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Wyatt is 6 months old and is the my daughter and son-in-law’s fourth child. If you remember our story, Laura and Jon’s daughter, Lindsay, went home to be with Jesus at age 3. That made this situation even more frightening.

As soon as I got home, I sent an email out to our 100+ intercessory prayer partners. It was the most amazing thing – it was like everyone was sitting at their computers. In a matter of three minutes, I heard from dozens of prayer partners saying, “We are praying!”

The same thing happened on Facebook. Within seconds, the family of God were mobilized and interceding together! One brother actually wrote  prayer right on Facebook! It was amazing.

The good news is that Wyatt appears to be fine and has a bad viral infection. The good news is that no matter what the outcome, God is still good. What blessed our socks off was seeing how the family of God responded!

Bill and Gloria Gaither wrote these words that are so true:
I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God,
I’ve been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod;
For I’m part of the family, the family of God.
Copyright 1970 by William J. Gaither

I am thankful today for the family of God! – Bill Welte is President and CEO of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: 2 Chronicles 2-3; Psalm 119:73-80; Proverbs 19

Compass Pointers: Thou art coming to a King, large petitions with thee bring, for His grace and power are such none can ever ask too much. John Newton

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 20:5; Level 2: Proverbs 20:1-7

Anchored to the Rock: It is not wasted time to wait on God. J. Hudson Taylor

No comments: