Monday, February 21, 2011

How to Sleep At Night

How-to Sleep at Night

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

I hope that you will get help and comfort from the next three Freedom Fighters. They will be about your cross and armor. Both are the instruments that God has given us to use but they are not to use us.

In Luke 9:23  Jesus said to them all, “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.” We are not to take the cross to bed with us. We must lay it down.
 
Perhaps the child’s prayer should be, “Now I lay my cross down and close my eyes to sleep; I pray the LORD my soul to keep If I should die before I wake, I pray the LORD my soul to take.”

We cannot take up our cross daily if we do not lay it down daily.

We only need to wear our Armor when fighting the enemy. The Knights of old did not sleep in their armor. You need to relax and curl up with Jesus nightly. He will protect you for His name’s sake. He is the shepherd who will not lose one of His sheep.

At a New York fair, I met a young woman shearing her sheep. As we talked she told me that she had 25 sheep but she worked in town. When she came home at the end of the day her sheep would be down at the water hole with the neighbor’s sheep.

She would stand on her back porch and call her sheep. Only her sheep would raise their heads and come. It was as if the others did not even hear her voice. Is that not what our Shepherd said, “My sheep hear my voice.”

Never be discouraged if those around you do not respond to your massage for only His sheep hear His voice.  Rest in your shepherd’s arms each night.

May you daily read God’s word
            To listen for His voice.
May you find that you are His—
            A sheep of His own choice.  – Pastor Van is a friend of the ministry of America’s Keswick

GPS – God’s Positioning System: Leviticus 24-25; Psalm 48; Proverbs 21

Compass Pointers: "Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones." ~Phillips Brooks

Navigation Rules to Memorize: Level 1: Proverbs 8:13; Level 2: Proverbs 8:32-36

Anchored to the Rock: When we make self the end of prayer, it is not worship but self-seeking. Thomas Manton

No comments: