Sunday, September 26, 2010

Knowing You

Knowing You

I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Philippians 3:8

Today is HIS day. We sometimes make it OUR day. Worship isn't about you and me -- worship is all about HIM. As you gather together to meet with HIM, what is your desire?

Songwriter Graham Kendrick wrote these modern day lyrics about knowing HIM:

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres, and wars to own,
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now, compared to this.


Now my heart's desire is to know YOU more,
To be found in YOU, and known as YOURS,
To possess by faith what I could not earn,
All-surpassing gift of righteousness.


O, to know the power of YOUR risen life,
And to know YOU in YOUR sufferings.
To become like YOU in Your death, my Lord,
So with YOU to live and never die.

Refrain
Knowing YOU, Jesus, knowing YOU;
There is NO GREATER thing.

YOU'RE my all, YOU'RE the best,
YOU'RE my joy, my righteousness,

And I love YOU, LORD.

1994 Make Way Music (ASCAP)

Paul had a number of key things that were the core values of his life. One was to KNOW HIM! That was one of the top ones on his list. How about you. As you gather to worship today, I trust that the prayer of your heart is to KNOW HIM! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 26; Isaiah 1-2; Galatians 5

Dig This Quote: God could give to Abraham, because he had made such a wide opening into his life. God can give only into an open hand. This hand was opened wide. This door swung clear back. God had a free swing and He used it. He could, and He did. He always does. Let this be our rule: "Give all He asks; then take all He gives." And the cup will be spilling joyously over the brim. S. D. Gordon

Determined Digging: Level 1: Habakkuk 3:18--19; Level 2: Psalm 139:17-22



Determined Praying: Stay at the altar until God breaks through. -- Vance Havner

No comments: