Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Look at Psalm 23

Another Look at Psalm 23

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want!" Psalm 23:1

A good friend just sent me this reading of Psalm 23 from Chuck Swindoll. It is very powerful:

Because the Lord is my Shepherd:

I shall not lack rest or provision: He makes me lie down in green pastures!

I shall not lack peace: He leads me beside still waters!

I shall not lack restoration or encouragement when I faint, fail or fall: He restores my soul!

I shall not lack guidance or fellowship: He guides me in the paths of righteousness!

I shall not lack courage when my way is dark: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil!

I shall not lack companionship: For Thou art with me!

I shall not lack constant comfort: Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me!

I shall not lack protection or honor: Thou dost prepare a table before me in the the presence of mine enemies!

I shall not lack power: Thou has anointed my head with oil!

I shall not lack abundance: My cup overflows!

I shall not lack God's perpetual presence: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life!

I shall not lack security: And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!

Because the Lord is YOUR Shepherd, brothers, you will not want for anything! You will lack nothing! No uncertain situation should frighten you! Rejoice! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK


Dig This Quote: The Church has to come together on its knees. The people of God must repent and seek God's will because the battle is a spiritual battle. Charles (Chuck) Colson

Determined Digging: Level 1: Micah 6:8; Level 2 -- Psalm 139:7-12

Determined Praying: The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelism in history. -- Andrew Murray

No comments: