Saturday, August 14, 2010

Answered Prayer

Answered Prayer

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:11

I came across this prayer written by an unknown confederate soldier. You might have seen it before, but I think it is powerful:

I asked God for strength that I might achieve,
I was made week, that I might learn humbly to obey ...

I asked for health that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things ...

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise ...

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness that I might feel the need for God ...

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things ...

I got nothing that I asked for ---
but everything I had hoped for;
Almost despite myself,
My UNSPOKEN prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed.


Now go back to the top of today's Freedom Fighter and read the verse! Are you thankful that He answers prayer HIS way? I sure am. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 14; Psalms 89-90; Romans 14

Dig This Quote: There is no joy when sin is present!

Determined Digging: Level 1:Isaiah 54:17; Level 2: Psalm 103:15-19

Determined Praying: Prayer has been called the 'native language' of the soul -- the universal expression of the innate human desire to make contact with the divine.

No comments: