Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Joy of His Presence



Our Spiritual Enrichment week begins tonight at 7:00 PM and runs through Thursday evening. Morning sessions are at 9:30 AM. Come and join us as we DIG DEEPER INTO God's WORD -- Exploring the Book of Psalms. The sessions will be held at the Colony of Mercy Chapel. Call for information: 732-350-1187

The Joy of His Presence

Here is a powerful reading from HYMNS FOR THE FAMILY OF GOD. The reading was compiled by Gloria Gaither. It is a great reading for this Lord's Day:

I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord.

Calm my spirit, Lord. Stop the churning inside of me caused by the rush of getting everyone fed and here on time. Quiet my confusion, Lord. In all the tension of getting here, I know I made the effort because I really do need You. Lord, speak to me in the quietness.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise; be thankful unto Him and bless His name. For the Lord is good.

I am thankful, Lord, for what we have. But this week has been so hectic, and it seems that no matter how hard I work and how well I plan, there is always something I didn't plan on, and there isn't enough time to go around. Forgive me, Lord, for letting worry get in the way of my gratitude. You are good to us, Lord. We do have so much to praise you for.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing.

It's hard to sing so early in the morning. And it's hard to come here with gladness too sometimes. It was not so easy serving You this week at school -- and especially hard to keep the joy. This world is not very fair and it seems like I can't do much to change things. But I know that it's just hard because the problems are so close to me that I can't seem to see the answers. But I do know that You're the answer -- and for that I will sing to You with my whole heart.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He restores my soul.

Restore my soul, O Lord, and renew a right spirit within me. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which You have broken may rejoice. Cast me not away from Your presence; and take not Your Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with Your free spirit.

Good reading to set your heart in the right direction as you worship Him today -- your audience of ONE! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 18; Psalm 20-22; Acts 21:1-17

Dig This Quote: Give Him time to do great things. The greater the work He plans, the greater the prayer preparation that may be necessary, including prayer for guidance. God often waits so that He can be even more gracious (Isa. 30:18). Wesley L. Duewel

Determined Digging: Level 1: Isaiah 1:18; Level 2: Psalm 103:1-5

Determined Praying: Our churches [and ministries] are powerless because they are prayerless. We generally do a lot WORRYING on our knees than praying, then, we get up and continue to worry. -- Michael Catts

No comments: