Sunday, July 11, 2010

How God is God


HOW GOD IS GOOD?

"For the Lord is good, and His love is eternal; His faithfulness endures through all generations." Psalm 100:4-5

This morning we gather to worship our great God. Psalm 100:4 reminds us that when we enter HIS gates and HIS courts to worship, we do so because HE IS GOOD.

Several years ago, a popular women's speaker rebuked the ladies for responding improperly when asked the question, "How are you doing?" Most times we respond, "I am good." While her rebuke was irritating to me at the time, she is right. There is no one good but God! We answer, "I am doing well." I think about every time some asks me how I am doing! God is good! Good in the good times. Good in the bad times. Good all the time!

I recently read this paraphrase of Psalm 73: 1-3; 21-28:

How good is God for Israel,
for the pure of heart!

As for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
my steps had well-nigh slipped.
I was jealous of the arrogant
and envied the prosperity of the wicked.

My mind is embittered:
my thoughts, irritating.
I am so stupid, so ignorant!
I am but a dumb brute before You.

And yet I am ALWAYS before You:
You keep me in YOUR hand.
With counsel YOU lead me;
YOU take me by the hand behind YOU!


I have but YOU in the heavens
and nothing more on earth.
My flesh and my brain may fail

but my ROCK, the desire of my mind, is God evermore.

Those who avoid YOU will perish;
You exterminate all those who stray.
God's presence is good for me;
I make the Lord my refuge

and I will witness to His deeds.

Powerful words for us as we gather together to worship HIM today -- our audience of ONE! Worship HIM today -- for HE IS GOOD -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 11; Psalm 1-3; Acts 17:1-15

Dig This Quote: He is a physician good to all diseases, especially at the binding up of a broken heart. He died that He might heal our soul with the plaster of His own blood, and by that death save us. Shall our sins discourage us when He appears only for sinners? Richard Sibbs 1630 Puritan Pastor

Determined Digging: Level 1: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14; Psalm 103:1-5

No comments: