Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Prayer of Concern for Others

Prayer of Concern for Others

"Everyone should look out not only for his OWN interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:4

In a world that is so often obsessed with self and its own interests, this prayer is quite convicting in asking God to give us a concern for others:

Father, help me to TALK like a Christian: to speak in such a way that I build up another person's confidence in himself, instead of tearing down his reputation.

Father, help me to DRIVE like a Christian: to be watchful and careful lest I cause harm to someone else on the highways.

Father, help me to GIVE like a Christian: without thought of return, without anyone knowing what I do, and with YOUR approval as sufficient reward.

Father, help me to DRESS like a Christan: by not attracting attention to myself for being too fashionable or too casual; and help me to show by my appearance that I want people to know me for what I am inside.

Father, help me to SLEEP like a Christian: at peace with myself because my sin is forgiven; and at peace with others because I do not allow my anger to last through a day.

Father, help me to EAT like a Christian: to eat healthily, to eat moderately, to eat gratefully, giving thanks to You who provide my food, and for the one who prepares my food.

Father, help from being so PIOUS that I keep You out of the practical areas of life. Be with me when I am alone, and when I shed my inhibitions, lest in these moment I cancel out all that I seem to be when I am on my best behavior.

Father, I ask this because I follow a Master who was never guilty of the slightest wrong-doing, and who always show His love in the small details of living. Amen -- Bryan Jeffery Leech

Wow! Powerful prayer? Working this prayer through your life is only possible as you allow Christ, the Perfect One, to live His life through you today! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 1; 2 Chronicles 15-16; John 12:27-50

Dig This Quote: What were we made for? To know God. What aim should we set ourselves in life? To know God. What is the eternal life that Jesus gives? Knowledge of God. What is the best thing in life, bringing more joy, delight, and contentment, than anything else? Knowledge of God. What, of all the states God ever sees man in, gives Him most pleasure? Knowledge of Himself. J.I. Packer “Knowing God” pg 29

Determined Digging: Level 1 --Proverbs 15:1; Level 2 -- Psalm 91:5-10

No comments: