Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day

"... you should contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." Jude 1:3

Good morning and happy Father's Day. This hymn has been floating around in my head as I have thought about this father's day:

Faith of our fathers, living still
In spite of dungeons, fire, and sword,
O how our hearts beat high with joy
When-e'er we hear that glorious word!

Faith of our fathers, God's great power
Shall win all nations unto thee,
And through the truth that comes from God
Mankind shall then indeed be free.

Faith of our fathers, we will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife,
And preach thee too as love knows how,
By kindly words and virtuous life.

Refrain
Faith of our fathers, holy faith,
We will be true to thee 'till death.

I am very, very thankful for the father's that God has put in my life over the years. My biological father, Bill, was such a blessing in my life. God took him home over 24 years ago. But he has blessed me over the years with men who have been like a father to me: Pastor Bill Raws, Neil Fichthorn, Joe Dariano and Pastor Van.

Though my earthly Dad is with the Lord, I have a HEAVENLY Father that never leaves me or forsakes me. I am thankful for my three sons: Josh, Garrett and Jon, who are three of the greatest Dads to their kids. Guys, I love you and I am so proud of you. And Zach -- he has had the opportunity to learn to be a Dad by watching his brothers. I know Zach will one day be a great dad as well.

If you have an earthly father still alive today -- I want to encourage you to pick up the phone and call him, or better yet, go visit him. Let him know today how thankful you are for his life today. You just may make his day. God bless. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 20; Esther 1-2; Acts 5:1-21

Dig This Quote: Here they are, Lord Jesus, my hidden sins. I bring them out of the secret chamber of my heart. I take them out of the darkness and expose them to Your light. Lord, You have promised You will execute Your word upon the earth, thoroughly and quickly. Oh God, thoroughly cleanse my heart; purify me quickly! Francis Frangipane

Determined Digging: Level 1 -- Proverbs 19:3; Level 2 -- Psalm 96:1-9

No comments: