Monday, May 17, 2010

MORNING PRAYER

MORNING PRAYER

Here is a powerful prayer written by the writer Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Great way to start this new week, brothers:

O God,
Early in the morning do I cry unto Thee.
Help me to pray,
And to think of Thee only.
I cannot pray alone.

In me there is darkness,
But with Thee there is light.
I am lonely, but Thou leavest me not/
I am feeble in heart, but Thou leavest me not.
I am restless, but with Thee there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with Thee there is patience;
Thy ways are past understanding, but
Thou knowest the way for me.

O heavenly Father,
I praise and thank Thee

For the peace of the night.
I praise and thank Thee for all Thy goodness
and faithfulness throughout my life.
Thou hast granted me many blessings:
Now let me accept tribulation from Thy hand.
Thou wilt not lay on me more than I can bear.
Thou makest all things work together for good for Thy children. Amen!

How about it, brothers? This is a great prayer to start your day! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 17; 1 Chronicles 1-3; John 5:25-47

Dig This Quote: The strong hands of God twisted the crown of thorns into a crown of glory; and in such hands we are safe. Charles Williams

Determined Digging: Level 1: Proverbs 5:12; Level 2: Psalm 86:11-13

No comments: