Sunday, May 09, 2010

Jesus What A Friend for Sinners


JESUS! WHAT A FRIEND FOR SINNERS

Today is the Lord's day, brothers, and I trust that you are planning to be in the house of the Lord worshipping HIM.

I am writing this on Friday morning in anticipation of our Colony Grad Reunion Weekend and the Family Freedom Walk. You'll have to wait until next week to find out if I am bald or still have my hair! It will be exciting to see what GOD does. Thanks to everyone of our Freedom Fighter family for your help.

I share with you one of my favorite hymns as you ponder worshipping HIM today -- your audience of ONE!
Jesus! What a friend for sinners! Jesus! Lover of my soul!
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
HE, my Savior, makes me whole.
Jesus! What a friend in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him;
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my strength, my victory wins.
Jesus! what a help in sorrow!
While the billows 'oer me roll;
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my comfort, helps my soul.
Jesus! what a guide and keeper!
While the tempest still is high;
Storms about me, night o'er-takes me,
He, my pilot, hears my cry.
Jesus! I do now receive Him,
More than all in HIM I find;
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I AM HIS AND HE IS MINE
Refrain

Hallelujah! What a Savior! Hallelujah! What a friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
HE is with me to the end.

My guess is that this morning your heart can resonate with one of the verses of this great hymn. Take some time to re-read the words and allow them to speak to your heart. Hallelujah! What a Savior! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK
Dig This Quote: To excuse what can really produce good excuses is not Christian charity; it is only fairness. To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you. This is hard. It is perhaps not so hard to forgive a single injury. But to forgive the incessant provocations of daily life - to keep on forgiving the bossy mother-in-law, the bullying husband, the nagging wife, the selfish daughter, the deceitful son - how can we do it? Only, I think, by remembering where we stand, by meaning our words when we say in our prayers each night, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." We are offered forgiveness on no other terms. To refuse it means to refuse God's mercy for ourselves. There is no hint of exceptions and God means what He says. C. S. Lewis

Determined Digging: Level 1: Proverbs 4:23; Level 2: Psalm 66:16-20

No comments: