Sunday, May 30, 2010

Examination Day

EXAMINATION DAY

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties.” (Psalm 139:23)

We tend to dread exams. Some of us dreaded examination day at school. Some of us dread going to the doctor and the dentist for our yearly exams.

The Bible encourages us to take the time to examine our lives. It would be good for us to make this a daily practice in our lives as we begin each day and before we lay our heads on the pillow. The Apostle Paul exhorts us to take time before we participate in the Lord’s Table to examine ourselves. (I Corinthians 11:28).

“Let us search and examine our ways and turn back to the Lord. "(Lamentations 3:40) "Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my mind and my heart." (Psalm 26:2) "Behold, You desire TRUTH in my inward parts, and in the hidden part. You will make me to know wisdom. (Psalm 51:6) " I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your testimonies. I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments. (Psalm 119:59-60)
And what should we do when we discover our inevitable failures? "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) "We have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 2:1b-2) "Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:19-22)

Examination is a good thing. Take some time today to examine your heart. Are you clean before Lord? He longs for you to have a clean heart! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK
Dig This Quote: That the universe was formed by a fortuitous concourse of atoms, I will no more believe than that the accidental jumbling of the alphabet would fall into a most ingenious treatise of philosophy. Jonathan Swift
Determined Digging: Level 1 --Proverbs 15:1; Level 2 -- Psalm 91:5-10




Scripture Reading: 2 Chronicles 7-9; John 11:1-29

No comments: