Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Warrior's Prayer

THE WARRIOR'S PRAYER

"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and His vast strength. Put on the FULL armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the devil." Ephesians 6:10-11 (CSB)

How often to I find myself going out to do battle forgetting to put on the armor that God has given me to fight the battles of life. Can you imagine how dumb it would be to go into battle in an war without being properly equipped and outfitted?

Paul in Ephesians 6 tells us about the "Full Armor of God". I love this prayer written by Dr. David Jeremiah. It's called the "Warrior's Prayer"

Heavenly Father,
Your warrior prepares for battle
Today I claim the victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!

I put on the GIRDLE of TRUTH!
May I stand firm in the truth of YOUR WORD so that I will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

I put on the BREASTPLATE of RIGHTEOUSNESS!
May it guard my heart from evil so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the SHOES of PEACE!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encounter.

I take the SHIELD of FAITH!
May I be ready for Satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the HELMET of SALVATION!
May I keep my mind focused on YOU so that Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.

I take the SWORD of the SPIRIT!

May the two-edged sword of YOUR WORD be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warrior has put on the WHOLE armor of God! I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! Amen

Brothers, (and sisters) -- There is no better time than right now to get dressed for battle. Are you are warrior? Then by God's grace, be obedient and put on your armor! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 20; Leviticus 26-27; Mark 2

Dig This Quote:

Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
Stand in HIS strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor,
Each piece put on with prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger
Be never wanting there!

Determined Digging: (Level 1) Psalm 27:4; (Level 2) Psalm 34:1-10

No comments: