Sunday, February 14, 2010

Psalm 89 -- A paraphrase


Psalm 89 -- A paraphrase

Today is the Lord's day -- a day set apart for Him and Him alone. I recently read this paraphrase of Psalm 89 and thought it would be fitting for this Lord's Day:

I feel like singing this morning, O Lord.
I feel like telling everyone about me how great YOU are!

If only they could know the depths of YOUR love
and Your eternal concern for those who will follow You!
But my songs are so often off-key.
My speech is inadequate.
I simply cannot express what I feel,
what I know to be true about YOUR love for Your creatures upon this world.

But even the songs of the birds proclaim Your praises.
The heavens and the earth beneath them,
the trees that reach toward YOU
the flowers that glow in colorful beauty,
the green hills and soaring mountains,
the valleys and the plains,
the lakes and the rivers,
the great oceans that pound our shores.
they proclaim YOUR greatness, O God,
and YOUR love for the sons of men.

How glorious it is to be alive, O Lord!
May every breath of my body,
every beat of my heart,
be dedicated to YOUR praise and glory!

Brothers, enjoy HIM today. He is your AUDIENCE of ONE. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

Digging Deeper: Proverbs 14; Leviticus 15-16; Matthew 27:1-26

Dig This Quote: As a good Christian should consider every place holy because God is there, so he should look upon every part of his life as a matter of holiness because it is to be offered unto God. – William A. Law

Determined Digging: Level 1 -- Psalm 27:4; Level 2 --Psalm 34:1-10

No comments: