Saturday, December 05, 2009

A Great Hymn to Prepare Your Heart

A Great Hymn to Prepare Your Heart

"Blot out all my iniquities ..." Psalm 51:9

Many of us will be celebrating the Lord's Supper tomorrow at our churches. Here is a wonderful hymn written by Charles Wesley that I believe will help prepare our hearts for remembering again what Christ did for us on the cross:

Arise, my soul, arise; shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding sacrifice in my behalf appears:
Before the throne my surety stands, ...

My name is written on HIS hands.

He ever lives above, for me to intercede;
His all redeeming love, His precious blood, to plead:
His blood atoned for all our race ...
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.

Five bleeding wounds He bears; received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers; they strongly plead for me:
"Forgive him, O forgive," they cry ...
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die!"

The Father hears Him pray, His dear anointed One;
He cannot turn away, the presence of His Son;
His Spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I am born of God.

My God is reconciled; His pardoning voice I hear;
He owns me for His child; I can no longer fear:
With confidence I now draw night ....
And "Father, Abba, Father," cry.

Rejoice today, my brothers! Rest in the finished work of Christ for you and me! Rejoice! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for US: Proverbs 5; Daniel 1-2; 1 John 4

Great Quote: Every life that desires to be strong must have its "Most Holy Place" (Exodus 26:33) into which only God can enter. (Streams in the Desert)

No comments: