Friday, October 23, 2009

The Power of God's Word

The Power of GOD'S WORD

I enjoy sharing my heart with you each day and what God is teaching me in my walk with Him. I find that HIS Word is becoming more and more precious to me each day. As I was reading through the ONE YEAR BIBLE today (great tool guys!), today's Psalm was one that I committed to memory YEARS ago. It was so powerful that I decided to let the WORD speak for itself today. Let it soak into your heart:

Psalm 91 (from the ESV)

He will dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

For HE will deliver YOU from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
HE will cover YOU with his pinions, and under HIS wings YOU will find refuge;
HIS faithfulness is a shield and buckler. YOU will not dear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, for the destruction that wastes at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.

Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place -- the Most High, who is MY refuge -- no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.

For he will give HIS angels charge concerning you to guard YOU in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.

Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because HE KNOWS MY NAME. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.

May HIS WORDS breathe strength, encouragement, and joy into YOUR heart today. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 23; Jeremiah 1-2; 1 Timothy 3

Great Quote: If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subjects of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back; neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intercourse with God. Francois Fenelon

No comments: