Saturday, September 12, 2009

Somebody Else

Somebody Else

" ... so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment." Psalm 51:4

Today I want to share with you from Paul David Tripp's book: WHITER THAN SNOW -- Meditations of Mercy and Grace (Crossway). It is a powerful teaching on how we so often look to blame someone else for what WE have done. Allow the Spirit of God to speak to you this morning as you read it:

I really wish I could blame
somebody else.
I wish I could place the responsibility
on somebody else.
I would love to point the finger
at somebody else.
I wish I could convince myself
that it was somebody else.
I tried to feed myself the logic
that it was somebody else.
For a moment I bought my argument
that it was somebody else.

There is always another sinner
who can bear my fault.
There is always another circumstance
that can carry my blame.
There's always some factor
that made me do what I did.
There's always somewhere else to point
rather than looking at me.

BUT in the darkness of bedtime
the logic melts out of my heart.
In the moments before sleep
the pain begins to squeeze away my breath.
As my mind replays the day's moments
the conclusion is like a slap.
There is no monster
to hide from.
There is no excuse that holds.
My war is not external,
the enemy is not outside.
The struggle rages within me,
nowhere to point or run.
No independent righteousness,
No reasons for smugness or rest.
I am my greatest enemy
and rescue my only hope.
In the quiet I face it
I cannot blame somebody else.
One more time I close my eyes admitting
my only hope is found in Somebody else!

"My hope is built on nothing less -- than Jesus' blood and righteousness! I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name! Hallelujah, what a Savior!"

Praise God that the blaming shifting can stop in my life. Praise God that I can run to the Cross and find my hope in HIM and in HIM alone. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 13-15; 2 Corinthians 5

Great Quote: He is the absolute quintessence of moral excellence, infinitely perfect in righteousness, purity, rectitude, and incomprehensible holiness. And in all this he is uncreated, self-sufficient and beyond the power of human thought to conceive or human speech to utter. -- A. W. Tozer

You can order a copy of Paul David Tripp's book from our Keswick Online Book and CD Store. http://www.americaskeswick.org/store Check it out and enjoy some amazing resources.






























You can order a copy of Paul David Tripp's book from the Keswick Online Store: SEPTEMBER 11, 2001
“Heaven and earth may pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” (Luke 21:33)
Our nation will never forget the day that changed our lives forever. Little did we realize how personal September 11th would be for the ministry of America’s KESWICK. Like many ministries, we were getting ready to begin a service of remembrance for our community, staff and the men of the Colony of Mercy. As I was preparing to walk to the Auditorium, I received word that this tragedy had impacted our ministry.
Don and Jean Peterson were actively involved with the ministry. In addition to being conference attendees, both were burdened for the Colony ministry. Don served for a number of years as a volunteer counselor and Jean became a faithful prayer warrior. Seeing Don’s passion and vision for the ministry, we invited Don to serve on our Board of Trustees. He was a man of purpose, determination, integrity and commitment.
The Peterson's were scheduled to leave for California for a family reunion on the morning of September 11. Arriving early at the airport, they were bumped to an earlier flight. They were assigned to Flight 93 that crashed on a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Several months after the tragedy we heard that a Bible had been found at the crash site. Selfishly we were hoping that it belonged to Don or Jean. When the rescue teams arrived at the crash site, there were only two things visible – a tire and Don Peterson’s Bible. Tucked inside Don’s Bible was a list of men from the Colony of Mercy that he would be praying for during the trip.
Don loved the Word of God. He believed that the Word was true and that it could change and transform lives. How about you? Do you love the Word of God? Are you spending time each day reading, meditating and memorizing the Word? It will change and transform your life. --Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICKScripture Reading: Proverbs 10-12; 2 Corinthians 4

Great Quote: You cannot persevere unless there is a trial in your life. There can be no victories without battles; there can be no peaks without valleys. If you want the blessing, you must be prepared to carry the burden and fight the battle ... God has to balance privileges with responsibilities, blessings with burdens, or else you and I will will become spoiled, pampered children. -- Warren W. Wiersbe

No comments: