Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Exchanged Life

THE EXCHANGED LIFE

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is not longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me
and gave Himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

The term the exchanged life may be applied to our theme verse. It is an expansion upon the truth of verse 19. A series of statements is given concerning my identification with Christ in His death and resurrection. As seen from God’s vantage point, Jesus died not merely for me but as me. In other words, I was identified with Him. The death He died was my death, since it was for my sin. Through it He cancelled my obligation to the law which condemned me. I have been crucified with Him just as really as the repentant thief – through identification. The implications of this fact continue to qualify my life.

Not only have I been crucified with Him, but I have been raised to a new life in Him. So that it is no longer my life but His. He is the source and the essence of it. The glorious truth is that He lives this life in me. The perfections of His life now reside in me. He wants to make this life visible through me. Just as Jesus in His earthly life became the visible expression of God in human terms, so my new life is to be the visible expression of His indwelling life.

It must be remembered that this exchanged life is not automatic. It must be lived on the basis of faith in the Son of God. This involves two things: trusting Him to do what He promises to do and yielding the control of my life to Him. Faith and surrender are keys to this exchanged life.
You may find yourself struggling to live a life for God. It won’t work! What does work is your surrendering to His life within. The surgical gloves designed for the hand of the surgeon can do nothing until they become identified with him and indwelt by his hand.

Other passages which deal with the exchanged life are Romans 6:1-8; Colossians 2:20; 3:1-3. Pastor William A. Raws was the grandson of our founder, William Raws, and served at America's KESWICK for 55+ years

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 29; Isaiah 7-8; Ephesians 2

Great Quote: Your arms, Lord, have no end. They encircle me, reach down and hold me, guide me on the way; Your arms, Lord, have no end, your arms of love and mercy and grace.

This year’s BINDING UP THE BROKEN-HEARTED: FAMILY AND FRIENDS ADDICTION SEMINAR is shaping up to be our best yet. You won’t want to miss it. October 8, 2009 8:30 AM -3:30 PM at America’s KESWICK. The $25.00 registration fee covers the sessions, materials, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks. Pastors attend free with 5 paid reservations. Every pastor, youth ministry worker, parent of a teen and loved ones of addicted family and friends should attend this seminar. Call today for your reservation 800.453.7942 or 732.350.1187.

No comments: