Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Dance of Redemption

The Dance of Redemption

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation." Psalm 51:12

Most of us are afraid of the "D" word! Don't panic -- I am talking about the word DANCE. You've been there before, haven't you? You remember those moments that everything in your life is going absolutely perfectly -- you are so happy and fulfilled -- you just want to shout, and maybe even dance?

The picture in my mind this morning after reading what I am about to share with you, is just that picture. It is a picture of my life completely free from the entanglement and bondage of sin -- a life that is entirely clean before my Lord.

Paul David Trip sums it up this way in his book, WHITER THAN SNOW -- Meditations on Sin and Mercy (Crossway) as he talks about the DANCE OF REDEMPTION

My sin
YOUR unfailing love.
My transgression
YOUR great compassion.
My iniquity
YOUR cleansing.
My evil
YOUR mercy.
My sin
YOUR wisdom.
My iniquity
YOUR presence.
My transgression
YOUR restoration.
My sin
YOUR salvation.
My song
YOUR righteousness.
My broken heart
YOUR delight.
My prosperity
YOUR good pleasure.
YOUR altar,
my delight.
Hide Your face
from my sins
Create in me
a pure heart
Do not
cast me from YOUR presence
Do not
take YOUR Spirit from me
Restore to me
the joy of YOUR salvation
Grant me
a willing heart
Save me
from bloodguilt
Sustain me
Fro I know
MY transgressions
and MY sin
is ever before me.

Wow. Powerful stuff for our consideration today. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 6-7; 2 Corinthians 2

Great Quote: It is extraordinary what enormous power there is in simple things to distract our attention from God. Refuse to be swamped with the cares of this life. -- Oswald Chambers

No comments: