Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What Happens When You Were Converted?

What Happened When You Were Converted?

Some of you have met my good friend, Roger Carswell, an amazing character and Bible teacher from England. I love this guy and am grateful for his ministry. We miss him coming to the United States, but still get blessed through his monthly newsletters.

In his latest newsletter, he listed 12 things that happened to a man who is converted. I commend them to you for your review and your further study:

1. My name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life (revelation 21:27).
2. My sins are blotted out (Isaiah 44:22).
3. I am justified by God (Romans 5:1).
4. I am clothed in the righteousness of Jesus (Isaiah 61:10).
5. I am redeemed (Ephesians 1:7-8).
6. I am reconciled to God (Colossians 1:21).
7. God the Holy Spirit comes to live within (1 Corinthians 6:19).
8. Jesus gives me His life (1 John 5:12a).
9. God gives me His power (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
10. I am adopted into God's family (Romans 8:15).
11. I am given a new identity ( 1 Peter 2:9-10).
12. He gives me every spiritual blessing ( Ephesians 1:3).

Twelve marvelous truths that are YOURS because of what Jesus did when you:

* Turned from sin in repentance
* Turned to Jesus in faith and belief
* Finds that God has turned to them making them His own

This, my brother, ought to cause you to jump up and down and proclaim -- THANK YOU, LORD! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 4; Psalm 66-67; Romans 7

Great Quote: “Believers sometimes forget that we have been set free. Freedom scares us and more important, it scares those religious leaders who are into control. Jesus said, ‘Therefore if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed.’ We want to change that, to create some parameters and to ameliorate the dangers of the freedom Jesus gives. When we do that, we miss the joys of being free from the bondage of our slavery to rules and manipulation...Being free enables us to go to God without the need to act like a proper slave...Being free means that , in prayer, we don't have to work for 'slave's wages'...Being free means that we don't have to worry about every word and every thought that is uttered in the presence of God...God says...'You aren't a slave, Quit acting like one". Steve Brown. When Being Good Isn’t Good Enough.

Please check out this week's insight from George Hutchison in his STEWARDSHIP INSIGHTS:
http://keswickgeorge.blogspot.com/

No comments: