Sunday, August 23, 2009

Don't Miss the Point ... It is all about HIM

Don't Miss the Point ... It is all about Him!

"When you pray, enter into your inner chamber, and having shut your door, pray to your Father ... who sees in secret." Matthew 6:6

Sometimes I miss the point. The purpose of the "morning watch" is all about fellowship with the Father, not about the method or the amount of time I spend. It isn't about which devotional book I should read -- God often speaks to me from devotional books. It isn't about how many chapters of the Word I can read in one sitting -- and He always speaks to me from His Word. It isn't about how many pages I can fill in my journal ...

It is all about HIM -- spending time and fellowshipping with Him -- which is why you and I were created!!! He longs for us to spend time with Him.

Andrew Murray, in his book, THE INNER CHAMBER (CLC) writes: Christian! There is a terrible danger to which you stand exposed in your inner chamber. You are in danger of substituting prayer and Bible study for living fellowship with God.

You may get so occupied with your needs and their expression, your method of praying and believing, that the light of His face and the joy of His love can't even enter you. You might get so interested in your Bible study, and the delightful emotions it arouses in you that -- yes -- the very Word of God may become a substitute for God Himself. Your soul becomes so preoccupied, and you do not lead it to God at all. Then you go out into the day's work situation without the power of an abiding fellowship and wonder why you are so weak in your spirit.

What a difference it would make in the lives of many, if they looked upon that time of morning watch as a definite engagement with the Father, and understood that it grieves Him when it is broken. What strength we miss -- what daily control by the Father, what preparedness for anything that might come to us -- when we do not secure God's presence with us through this daily appointment with God.

When the secret fellowship with the Father is experienced and maintained, it will be evident in public -- the reward will be there. The Father takes charge and rewards you openly. This is the only sure way to live with people in the power of God's blessing."

Lord, I want to remember that my time with you isn't about tools and methods. It is all about spending time with YOU! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 23; Psalm 113-115; 1 Corinthians 6

Great Quote: It is grace at the beginning, and grace at the end. So that when you and I come to lie upon our death beds, the one thing that should comfort and help and strengthen us there is the thing that helped us in the beginning. Not what we have been, not what we have done, but the Grace of God in Jesus Christ our Lord. The Christian life starts with grace, it must continue with grace, it ends with grace. Grace wondrous grace. By the grace of God I am what I am. Yet not I, but the Grace of God which was with me. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

No comments: