Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How To Be Content

"HOW TO BE CONTENT"

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such
things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, or forsake
thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not
fear what man shall do to me" (Hebrews 13:5-6).

It is difficult to recognize that our character (conversation) or manner
of life is an area of ethics that deals with our responsibility to
ourselves. Our society wrongly insists that success is determined by the
amount we can accumulate. The love of money is a common form of
covetousness (1 Timothy 6:10 "For the love of money is the root of all
evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith . .
). The love of money is a common form of covetousness because it can be
used to secure many other things that we want which displeases God. Jesus
emphatically warns Man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things
which he possesseth (Luke 12:15).

Contentment cannot come from material things, for they can never satisfy
the heart. The desire to have more, and more and still more (GREED)
interferes with contentment and like oil and water they are just not
compatible. A source of great peace comes to those who love the Lord with
all their heart and have trusted in His Word enough to know that He will
never forsake or leave the true believer (v. 5). Wow! What contentment
this produces and what confidence it gives in order that we need not fear
any man.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain" (1 Timothy 6:6).

THOT: SEEK GODLINESS,NOT THINGS -- Dr. Henry Lutz is a retired pastor and a new Freedom Fighter contributor.

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 21; Psalm 29-30; Acts 23:1-15

Great Quote: “I was the enemy of God. I was stamping through God’s universe, shaking my fist in His face. And in the very moment when I was shaking my fist in God’s face and tramping through the Creator’s universe, muddying all His streams, that’s when Jesus died for me. And if this is when Jesus died for me, what hope it gives me now! Now, even when I fall, the blood of Jesus is enough. He didn’t save me because I was strong; He saved me when I was weak. He didn’t save me when I was a pretty thing; He saved me when I was a mess. On the basis of this reality, I can have comfort.” Francis Schaeffer, The Finished Work of Christ.

No comments: