Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Miscommunication

Miscommunication

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry ..." Psalm 40:1

Very early Sunday morning I started with a intestinal virus that has been going around our area. I trust that none of you get it -- it is dreadful. Now I admit that most men are whimps when it comes to getting sick (that's what my wife says ...) -- but this thing hits you like a ton of bricks -- at one point you are afraid you're gonna die ... and then you are afraid you are not going to die.

Late last night I was on the sofa feeling so weak and tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was so sleepy that I said to Jan, "Will you call Brian Bitler and ask him to write tomorrow's Freedom Fighter."

She called Brian and asked him to write the Freedom Fighter for me. Brian was on his way home from New York City and had a hard time hearing Jan. Jan called on Brian for help, and Brian didn't really hear what she was asking ... well at least until yesterday morning when he saw no Freedom Fighter. It was at that moment he realized she asked him to handle a Freedom Fighter not an Intercessor's Alert.

Even in moments like these, we can learn valuable spiritual lessons. Think about this -- we all battle with communication issues. Sometimes we think we are communicating to our spouse, a child, a co-worker, and we aren't being heard. The listener may be looking right at us and still miss what we are saying.

My friend, God is not like that! Sometime read through the Psalms and note how many times is says, God heard or he heard ... I am not a Hebrew scholar, but I have read that what that phrase is used of God, is indicates that He hears with both ears. He gives you His undivided attention.

Even when we have difficulty putting into words our cry for this or that, the Holy Spirt takes my groaning and sighs (Romans 8:26) and translates them for me.

Think about it -- 40,000 people could be praying and God listens to every person with His undivided attention. He hears you! -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 2; 2 Chronicles 17-18; John 13:1-20

Great Quote: All God's revelations are sealed to us until they are opened to us by obedience. You will never get them open by philosophy or thinking. Immediately you obey, a flash of light comes. Let God's truth work in you by soaking in it, not by worrying into it. Obey God in the thing He is at present showing you, and instantly the next thing is opened up. We read tomes on the work of the Holy Spirit when...five minutes of drastic obedience would make things clear as a sunbeam. We say, I suppose I shall understand these things some day. You can understand them now: it is not study that does it, but obedience. The tiniest fragment of obedience, and heaven opens up and the profoundest truths of God are yours straight away. God will never reveal more truth about Himself till you obey what you know already. Beware of being wise and prudent. Oswald Chambers

Please check out George's latest Stewardship Insight: http://keswickgeorge.blogspot.com/

No comments: