Thursday, June 04, 2009

He's Got His Eye on YOU

He's Got His Eye on YOU

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ear is open to their cry." Psalm 34:15

It happened numerous times. Our Junior Christian Endeavor leader was an elderly lady who loved the Lord and kids. She was a fantastic piano player. She would be playing the piano with her back to us, and somehow, Dorothy Keenest had eyes in the back of her head. She'd yell, "Billy Welte you are not singing." How did she do that?

My sister, Judee Dickinson, just painted a wonderful portrait of her Dad, Pastor Bill. The picture is of Pastor Bill standing behind the pulpit preaching at the Colony of Mercy. The likeness is really amazing. In fact, it is so good, you think that Pastor Bill is standing right there.

But it gets even more weird ... It gives new meaning to "he's got his eyes on you." If you stand in front of the picture, Pastor Bill is looking right at you -- literally facing you. If you move to the left, he is looking right at you, literally facing you. If you move to the right, he is looking right at you, literally facing you. It was giving me and Mrs. Raws the creeps!!! How did she do that?

I tell the guys of the Colony all the time: "I've got my eyes on you!" But wait -- I can't do that unless they are right there. God the Father on the other hand, has his eye on every one of us. He knows, weighs and sees, every one of my thoughts, deeds, words and actions. He is awesome. There is absolutely no place that we can go to escape his watchful eye.

What I do on my computer? He sees! What I do in my alone time, when no one else is around, he sees! Wherever I go -- He's there! He's got His eye on me. That in itself should motivate the way I live! And by the way -- He's got HIS eye on YOU. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 4; 2 Chronicles 21-22; John 14

Great Quote: The true secret in giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not and never persist in trying to set people right. Hannah Whitall Smith

No comments: