Thursday, May 28, 2009

"It is He that doth go before thee ..."

It Is He That Doth Go Before Thee ..."

You have heard me quote Deuteronomy 31:8 many times in my Freedom Fighter writings. Today was one of those Deuteronomy 31:8 days.

We have been working through a very difficult situation with a staff member that is in trouble. Up until today, I have never experienced any fear about being on grounds with men who are in our Colony program. Today could have been one of those days.

This morning I read the following verses in my quiet time:

"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him."
"God IS our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
"I will say of the Lord, 'He IS my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust."
"Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty!"
"The solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: THE LORD KNOWS THOSE WHO ARE HIS!"
"Be anxious for nothing, but IN everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all human comprehension, will guard your HEARTS and MINDS through Christ Jesus."

Little did I know that at 6:30 AM that would all be put to the test. Had God not shown up, we could have faced a very challenging day that could have ended in people getting physically hurt.
But God showed up, brothers. He reminded me that there was a giant named Goliath that taunted and teased the Israelites for 40 days and nights. And then the little shepherd guy walked on the stage, and reminded Goliath -- with his little sling shot -- "The battle is not YOURS -- the battle belongs to the LORD.

One of my staff members, not knowing what was transpiring, placed this verse in my box and the following two prayers:

For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Lord Jesus, I am thankful that you watch over my life. When I have no place to turn for help, I have you. I always have you. And you are the best place to turn for help. Thank you for hearing my cries and for rescuing me. What would I do without you? You are the one who saves me when no one else can!

Mighty God, you have delivered me from situations for which I had no answers or resources. You are the one who helps the helpless. Please teach me to wait on you when I don't know what to do. Remind me in my helplessness that you will always open up the path before me and help me see it and walk on it. And best of all, you always walk with me. I give you praise! In Jesus' name, Amen!

Deuteronomy 31:8 was true. It is for you too. Thank You, Lord for being my stronghold in the day of trouble. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 28; 2 Chronicles 4-6; John 10:24-42

Great Quote: Silence, as someone has said, is the mother of prayer and the nurse of holy thoughts. Silence cuts down on our sins, doesn't it? We can't be sinning in so many different ways if we are being quiet before God. Silence nourishes patience, charity, discretion. Elisabeth Elliot

No comments: