Saturday, May 09, 2009

Everyone Wants to Be First

Everyone Wants To Be First

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of your selves; it is a gift from God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” Ephesians 2:8-9(NKJV)

There are days when I wake up and praise God that “I ain’t everybody!” but then I have my days that wind up with me saying that “I have behaved like everyone else “. It is in these times where Paul’s words “What a wretched man I am” come right to the fore front of my mind. And I wish these same words would find some other folks as well.

You see the economy was suppose to be in the dumper and no one, but no one had any money to spend. But then this weird thing happened where I work. Orders for fence and railing started coming in with no end in sight. And everyone wants their stuff before everyone else who wants their stuff. So when everyone finds out that everyone else is getting their stuff before everyone else, they all get mad……at me!

My brothers I’m asking you this morning, Where do you find grace under pressure? As for me, I am constantly looking up and asking What? What do you want me to do? I gave up on asking why. I don’t think I was being listened to. What I am suppose to say? What am I suppose to convey? WHAT? Oh…and is there fence and railing in Heaven, because if there is did Ezekiel cover those dimensions in his prophecy. Oopps, went off track for a moment.

So where am I going? The first place is Faith. Without it I’m done. I may not have a complete faith in my abilities but I have faith in Him who provides those abilities. The second place I am going is being saved by His grace. Without it I get what I deserve. Which these past few days I have had some of our customers make suggestions.

It is nice to be first, I guess? But knowing that what I have is a gift from a God who could have taken everything that I do have away does being first matter? Jesus said the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Try saying that to a secular world hell bent on getting anything first. But here is something that Jesus did that was a first. He surrendered His life for the same secular world who wants to be first. After saying that I wonder who wants to be second? --Chris Hughes is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and a frequent Freedom Fighter contributor

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the Gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul."
Mark 8:35-36

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 9; 2 Kings 7-9; John 1:1-28

Great Quote: When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. Peter Marshall

No comments: