Sunday, February 22, 2009

PAY DAY

Pay Day

“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth”
(3 John 4)

I’ve worked at Americas Keswick for over 6 1/2 years now. During my time as a staff member and also a Colony Grad, I’ve seen both success and failure. Most of the time it seems that we only hear about the men that fall back in their addiction, but that’s not always the case. One night after a couples conference here at Keswick, it was almost 10 pm when my doorbell rang. It was three recent grads who worked with me in maintenance, and they were with their wives. You’re probably saying “of course they’re with their wives it is a couple’s conference”. Well, I know that less then six months ago at least two of those marriages were in serious trouble.

As we all sat around my living room, it was as if I were outside looking in. I know their not my children, (first of all I’m way too young) but I can somehow relate to the Apostle John “no greater joy then to see my children walking in the truth”. As I sat and watched them smile and laugh I thought back to when they were in the Colony and the prayers we prayed watching them each day after work going into the Chapel to cry out to God on behalf of their marriages, they began to trust God and to walk in His truth. Well my friends this is what we as staff members and prayer partners call “Pay Day”. Now I know they have a long way to go and a lot of work ahead of them but, it will be a long time before I forget that moment.

I remember my time in the colony, sometimes I walk past my old room and remember when the truth of God’s word began to sink in. I pray that God will bring back a memory of times past to renew the “joy of your salvation”. It has caused me to renew my walk with the Lord and appreciate my wife, and who knows maybe Jesus is looking down and a smile on His face with a Fatherly “that a boy”.

Thank you Barry, Carson and John for allowing God to work in your lives, you may not be my children, but I am certainly proud of you. -- Rob Russomano is a graduate of the Colony of Mercy and serves on the full-time staff at America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 22; Numbers 3-4; Mark 3:20-35

Great Quote: There hath not one tear dropped from thy tender eye against thy lusts, the love of this world, or for more communion with Jesus Christ, but as it is now in the bottle of God; so then it shall bring forth such plenty of reward, that it shall return upon thee with abundance of increase. "Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh." (Luke 6:21) John Bunyan

No comments: