Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Promises, Promises, Promises

Promises, Promises, Promises

I told you yesterday that I have ordered every diet book imaginable. I have ordered numerous weight loss and exercise videos over the years that PROMISE "results in just 5 days!" "You will be so pleased with the results that we offer this money-back guarantee."

I have turned on FOX NEWS. I am sick and tired of hearing all of the political bickering and nonsense. But I am really tired of listening to the candidates make promises that we know they will never keep.

The debates this year were interesting and frustrating because our presidential and vice-presidential candidates demonstrated to our country that they can't even answer a direct question let alone fulfill a campaign promise to us.

I am thankful this morning that I have a God who can be trusted. HIS promises never fail. The Word of God contains hundreds of them. He is the only one that can give a "money back guarantee" that is legitimate and sound! Listen to just a few verses this morning:

Joshua 21:45 "Not one of all the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one of them was fulfilled.

Psalm 119:140 "Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them."

Psalm 145:13 "Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward those all he has made."

2 Corinthians 1:20 "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."

I know this -- I will make promises and I will fail. He makes promises and He NEVER fails. I am thankful today that I can not only hear and believe His promises -- I can trust them completely. -- Bill Welte is President and CEO of America's KESWICK

God's WORD for YOU: Proverbs 29; Jeremiah 18-19; 2 Timothy 3

Think about this: "A biblical worldview gives us new eyes to see ALL of life: every sphere is charged with potential, every activity providing an opportunity to serve God, encounter God, obey God, enjoy God, testify to God, and bring glory to God. Because God is sovereign over ALL things, and Christ us redeeming all things, ALL THINGS MATTER to God." - Pastor Jeff Purswell

No comments: